at Church Stretton Dental & Implant Centre
Teeth Bonding in Church Stretton
Dental bonding or teeth bonding is a cosmetic dental treatment that can be used to improve the appearance of your teeth.
Patients throughout Bishop’s Castle, Church Stretton, Acton Scott and Shropshire are opting for teeth bonding as an inexpensive and fast treatment to update their smile.
Teeth bonding consists of a special dental resin which is moulded and gently applied to your teeth.
The resin is similar to those used in the treatment for veneers. For dental bonding, the resin is mostly used to repair or disguise problems with teeth including:
- Covering cracks, chips or breaks in a tooth
- Smoothing worn or uneven surfaces on teeth
- Giving shape to worn down teeth
- Covering dis-coloured or stained teeth
- Filling in gaps between teeth
- Making small teeth appear bigger
The process for dental bonding at Church Stretton
Teeth bonding is a painless procedure which usually takes about an hour to complete, but if you are treating more than one tooth, you may require more appointment times.
At your initial consultation with our cosmetic dentist we discuss what you want to change about your teeth and how dental bonding works. We will also examine your teeth to check on your dental health.
At your next appointment, a resin will be chosen to match the colour of your teeth. Your tooth is then prepared by gently etching at the surface. A conditioning liquid is applied which allows the resin to stick to your teeth.
The resin is then gently moulded on to your teeth to create the desired effect. Once we are happy with how this looks, a special laser will seal the putty on to your teeth.
Finally, our cosmetic dentist will complete your treatment with a dental polish to ensure that the surface of your teeth are smooth.
Benefits of teeth bonding
There are many reasons why dental bonding is becoming popular as a cosmetic dental treatment:
- Dental bonding is an inexpensive way to enhance the appearance of your teeth
- Treatment for teeth bonding is painless and non-invasive. There’s no need for anaesthetic, injections or drills
- Results are instant – you can leave the dental practice with a new smile
- Teeth bonding does not take long to complete with most appointments lasting up to an hour